Thank you so much for joining us at the studio. Here are a few tips that will make your stay seamless and smooth:
Please create a free account on our Mind Body Online system or arrive at the studio at least 30 minutes before the yoga or Pilates class. Signing up online takes just a few minutes. In addition, you can make your payment for the drop in class, a multiple class pack or an unlimited package we have to offer.
- Class and Unlimited Packages purchases are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- No shoes, bags or cell phones are allowed inside the studio space.
- Please arrive on time. Once the class starts you may only enter the class during the first five minutes. After that, late comers will not be allowed into the class. This will allow for the teacher and students to not be interrupted and gain the most from the class.
- When your class is over, please hang the yoga mat on the ballet bar after you have cleaned it with the towel and spray provided.
- If you own your own mat, you may store it at the studio for a monthly storage fee of $10. Ask our support staff to set this up for you.
- There are cubbies available for you to store your personal belongings in the waiting area right outside the studio. Please be sure to shut your ringer off on your phone.
- There is one changing room located in the far back right of the studio. We also have a bathroom for your use.
- We have a shower available for your use. You are welcome to use the shower 15 minutes after the class has ended. For example, you may use the shower after 5:30 class only after 6:45. Please keep showers to 4 minutes so we can accommodate everyone. Namaste.
New To Yoga & Pilates
You will look back at your first experience years from now in amazement at how much you and your practice have evolved. You might have some questions:
- What is yoga?
- Yoga is a discipline from India that is over 2,000 years old. The word derives from Sanskrit and it means to yoke or bind. It seeks to bring union of body, breath, and mind.
- What is Pilates? Pilates is a form of exercise created by Joseph Pilates that emphasizes core strength, flexibility, and body awareness.
- What about Hot Yoga & Hot Pilates? We will heat the room 95-100 degrees and as your muscles become warmer these reach a range of mobility complimented by your respective yoga or pilates sequence. We remind anyone with a medical condition to consult with your healthcare physician regarding hot yoga or hot Pilates. Go further with your breath and be gentle to the body.
- Eating and drinking before class It is prudent drink water primarily before class, but during and after class are also ways to stay hydrated. Generally no large meals two hours before class is advised.
- How many times per week should you practice? With even one class per week you will see the benefits. New students should consider two or three times per week as a way to establish a practice.
- I’m not flexible. Are these classes for me? You will be perfect for yoga and Pilates. These practices will be about to helping you become more flexible over time in a customized way that works for your body.
- What are the health benefits of yoga and Pilates? You can expect to see your body stronger, toned, coordinated, and aligned in a way that helps your cardiovascular health, blood circulation, and well-being.
- What do I need to begin? Comfortable workout clothes, your desire, and your breath. The studio can supply mats, towels, and water for a nominal fee.
- How much does it cost? Our rates work for everyone. A drop-in class costs $15 per class/ $10 for high-school, college students and senior citizens. Our mats rent for $3,
We can provide more personalized, one on one, private lessons. You will benefit most from private instruction in order to develop a practice you can share in a group or individual setting. Our instructors will work with you on developing a customized sequence that works for your level. Private lessons start as low as $80 per hour. Please ask Maya about this service or email email@example.com
We can have one of our teachers come your business and teach a Yoga or Pilates class for your employees or patrons. Taking the step to introduce fitness into the workplace will boost productivity and team morale, and contribute to a general sense of wellness and purpose. Rates begin at $100 per class. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us today via email UYogaNYC@gmail.com or call and ask for Maya.